Posted by Hemal in Security
The Heur.Dropper virus is a low threat level trojan that has a reputation to cripple anti-virus products such as AVG.
While it is not one of the most malicious pieces of malware to have on your computer, it should still be removed before it causes any performance issues or worse!
To remove the Heur.Dropper virus, we will use the classic Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware!? This will allow programs like AVG to regain functionality once the Heur.Dropper virus is removed.
Please download Malwarebytes? Anti-Malware
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes? Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes? Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select ?Perform Quick Scan?, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <? very important
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. (You may need this for a later post on the forums!)
Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
After the reboot, you should be able to restart AVG and see that the Heur.Dropper virus has been removed!