I dropped my cell phone in some water the other day and I haven’t turned it on yet because I’m scared it won’t work and I don’t want to ruin the phone.? Is there anyway to safe it or am I going to be looking for a new phone?

Many people assume that water spells the end of any electronic device and while that can be the case with larger scaled technology but smaller mobile phones and devices stand a chance!

The first thing to always remember is never to turn on the phone after its been submerged in water.? Turning the phone on is what confirms the electronics are fried because you create a short circuit when powering it on after water is in it.

It’s important to know that a cell phone or iPod are made to be air tight to keep out little bits of water so you stand a good chance to salvage a smaller electronic device.

Remove the battery after incident immediately and piece out as many parts of the phone as you can.? Next fill a big zip lock bag full of dry rice and put all of the seperated parts into the bag; the dry rice will absorb the water out of the electronics.? Every 12 hrs, flip and change out some of the rice for about 2 days.? Keep the bag in a warm place such as near a window or on top of a microwave.

In about 2-3 days, piece and part the phone back together and turn it on if it feels dry.? It should be ready to go once you turn it on!? If it feels a bit wet still, or you have any doubts, I’d recommend you repeat the rice bag for another couple of days!