Posted by Hemal in Security
I have generic 12.AAVT and I cannot remove it. What should I do?
The Generic 12.AAVT Trojan is a nasty infection for any computer and should be removed immediately.? Trojans are responsible for sending SPAM through your email or gathering credit card information off of old purchases from your computer or other malicious activities.? We’ll use our trusted Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware program to remove the infection.
Please download Malwarebytes? Anti-Malware
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes? Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes? Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select ?Perform Quick Scan?, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <? very important
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. (You may need this for a later post on the forums!)
Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Your infection should be gone and your computer now is Trojan free!